Improving a poor credit rating takes time and discipline so the sooner you start the better. Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Check your credit report for the things that are counting negatively against you
- Check your credit report for any errors in case something negatively affecting your credit score is incorrect
- Pay your bills on time (you may be surprised at what gets reported to credit agencies so make sure your payments are up to date)
- Pay off existing debt
- Do not apply for new lines of credit as searches show up on your credit file and may count negatively towards your score if there are too many searches in a short period of time.
- Find a guarantor with good credit that will cosign on a loan or line of credit
- Sign up for Wollit Credit Builder