If you don’t have much of a credit profile yet here are some tips to help you build a credit rating the right way. Remember building a good credit profile from scratch is easier than improving a poor credit rating, so manage your spending closely.
- Join the electoral roll https://www.gov.uk/contact-electoral-registration-office
- Apply for a credit card and keep the balance low or paid off each month
- Pay bills on time, every time to show you are reliable and responsible
- Keep old bank accounts open to build up your credit history
- Monitor your credit score for free